Tuesday, February 13, 2024

My Christian Conservative, Trump-Supporting Friend: Follow-Up To My Attempted "Rabbit Hole Rescue"

 


Queridos amigos,

You may recall that yesterday while walking home from the zocalo, I texted Byron, letting him (and, by extension, all of you) know I might be 8 to 10 minutes late, I left out the word "minutes."

Understandably, Byron asked me what unit of time I was using, and I replied (while moving the whole while), "a kalpa."

Here is the scoop on "kalpa." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalpa_(time)#:

And here is the scoop on our upcoming presidential election by Jon Stewart who just took the helm of "The Daily Show" once again.

I think Jon's analysis is marvelous. 

It provides penetrating counterpoint to "everything the media has normalized," including the content of yesterday's email from my Christian conservative friend, David, informing me that: "It's a choice between O.Biden and the deep state and Elon Musk, Joe Rogan. Tucker Carlson and President Trump."

My Trump-supporting friend is a former member of the Orange County School Board which, as you no doubt recall, was a focal point of last night's Tertulia.

Here is my prior dialogue with David.

My Best Effort To Persuade A Christian Conservative Trump Cultist To Reconsider The Rabbit Hole In Which He Finds Himself


image.png

I look forward to the next kalpa.

alan

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment