Sunday, February 21, 2021

My Favorite TED Radio Hour? "The Gratitude Chain: A.J. Jacobs"

The Gratitude Chain: A.J. Jacobs
TED Radio Hour
NPR

Alan: This may be my favorite TED Radio Hour.

Partly, this is due to "confirmation bias" since several of Jacobs' themes provide me complete validation - and with a very high degree of specificity.

But even beyond the cheap pleasure of confirmation bias, I think A.J.'s argument makes perfect sense, especially in light of his embodiment of the truth he speaks.

I remember - decades ago - when it first occurred to me that somebody -- a particular person with a name, and a family and a WHOLE LIFE -- had to design flatware. There was a designer behind every knife, fork and spoon.

And ever since, I've become a connoisseur of flatware, keenly aware of how it feels in my hand - its weight, its balance, its form, its functionality, its lustre and its beauty which, in large part, derives from from all the others qualities and characteristics, although sometimes I find the less beautiful more appealing.

Coffee

Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee

























No comments:

Post a Comment