Friday, May 24, 2024

I Am Advertising A Furnished Bungalow Apartment In My Downtown Hillsborough Home. I Am Reaching Out To The "Travel Nurse" Clientele

 image.png

Backyard Swimming Hole
Eno River

Dear Karina,

I've read that it's better to advertise one's apartment through Furnished Finder sooner rather than later.

So, how do I start the process?

Back in the year 2000, my wife and I were planning to sell our home, and before we changed our minds and decided to stay in Hillsborough, I created the following webpage. 

The fourth, fifth and sixth photos in the "Indoor Gallery" on my Hillsborough Homestead webpage show two views of the original bungalow portion of the house, before the annex on the far south side of the kitchen was added in 2006.

image.png

Dining Room-Library looking through to "my" kitchen, and my great room at the far back of the house.

image.png

The southern half of "my" kitchen with stove, food prep counters and one corner of the sink.
The double doors in the distance are on the far south side of The Great Room, and give on to my deck.

image.png

The above photograph looks from south to north through my own dining area adjacent to my Great Room, followed by "my kitchen" which renters can use for a designated two hour time period each day. 

I will mention again that the renter's apartment has a kitchenette in one corner of the bedroom.

The renter has private access (from streetside) to the original bungalow portion of the house where s/he will reside.

The bungalow is comprised of 650 square feet, and offers one full bath, one bedroom/kitchenette, and a spacious L-shaped living room connected to a Dining Room - Library which is partially visible in the first "indoor" photo above. 

The full bath in the travel nurse's bedroom has a large vanity, a commode and a show-bathtub (combination).

The third and fourth photos above are pictures of "my" kitchen, but renters can use this kitchen for whatever two hour period of the day they wish. 

image.png

The front wall of my home -- which is the first picture on the homepage -- is the front wall of the bungalow and runs the entire length of the 30 foot spacious living room (with fold-down sofa bed for short term guests).

image.png

Don't Miss The Outdoor Photos On My Legacy Website 

There is ample streetside parking, and almost always, there are a minimum of three streetside parking spaces. 

Here are a few links featuring Hillsborough, a thoroughly delightful down. 

My home is in The Historic District which is so safe -- even in the middle of the night -- that some residents never even lock their doors. 

The police station, the sheriff's station and the fire house are one-and-a-half to three blocks away.

Top-notch restaurants abound, some of them very moderately priced, in addition to several watering holes that are convivial, family-friendly, and feature free live music. 

There is also a wonderful town park with numerous enjoyment facilities, including a soccer field, a baseball diamond and several barbecue pavilions - "first come, first served." There is also another beautiful swimming hole in Eno River which borders Gold Park on the south side. 


The River Walk (part of North Carolina's scenic Mountains-to-Sea Trail -- connects Gold Park to the Weaver Street Organic Grocery Store-Bakery-Eatery at one end; and at another terminus of the trail route, one comes upon a dynamite Mexican restaurant which I helped open ten years ago. El Restaurante Ixtapa is THE REAL DEAL, and the extended Munoz Family which operates the Restaurante is The Best.

The River Walk and Gold Park are both big tourist attractions, but are large enough that you never feel crowded.



Other Hillsborough attractions (which are numerous) include these "Hot Spots"

On the other side of town we have an Aldi's, a Walmart, a Home Depot and three really good second hand stores -- "OCIM Thrift Shop," "My Secret Closet," and Habitat Re-Store -- the first two specializing in jewelry, objet d'art and vintage clothing.

At my Hillsborough home, where I am offering a bungalow apartment to travel nurses, residents can arrange to do laundry in my basement-"wash-house" once a week -- during daylight hours.

My home offers high speed internet.

The Orange County Public Library (with The Best Staff in the World) is located on my street, West Margaret Lane, a block and a half east of my home. The library is a very visitor-friendly space. 

Hillsborough's restaurant scene is always hoppin' and a-poppin'. https://visithillsboroughnc.com/where-to-eat/

For nearly ten years, Hillsborough has had a full-service 70 bed hospital, with many specialty clinics. and a full-time Emergency Department. 
Hillsborough's hospital is part of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Medical  System. 

Here is a link to the hospital's "mother ship" ten miles away...

UNC campus in Chapel Hill: https://www.unc.edu/

I will also mention that Hillsborough is just 10 miles fromDurham - where Duke University is located. 

There are endless cultural and entertainment opportunities in Durham but I will mention only one -- a lovely, liberating, breathe-from-the-belly space that is dear to my heart - the Nasher Art Museum which is always free to the public. The adjacent Duke campus and world-renowned Duke Gardens are splendid places to visit. 

Nasher Art Museum (at Duke University): https://nasher.duke.edu/

Duke University: https://duke.edu/

Duke's Primary Care Clinic in downtown Hillsborough houses a renowned urgent care clinic which is open 8 A.M. till 8 P.M. every day of the year.


Duke Urgent Care, Hillsboroughhttps://www.dukehealth.org/treatments/urgent-care

Hillsborough is so Cooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllll that even my two kids, Maria and Danny-Caribou, had the insight to realize while they were growing up that their hometown is a VERY special place. 

I think of Hillsborough as a kind of mini-Williamsburg, but more spacious and welcoming, with all sorts of colonial charm, and lots of places to sit down and people-watch, or have a taco and beer

Miraculously... ever since 1776, post-colonial architectural development of Hillsborough has been beautifully wrought. 

Hillsborough was founded in 1754 on land occupied by the Occaneechee band of the Saponi Nation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occaneechi

I don't know how your online advertising works, but you are welcome to use all -- or any part -- of this email to advertise the bungalow apartment I am making available to travel nurses. 

I don't know

I look forward to your reply.

Muy agradecido!

Alan (Archibald)
225 West Margaret Lane
Hillsborough, North Carolina 27278





No comments:

Post a Comment