Monday, October 24, 2022

Robert Kennedy Jr: Verbatim Quotes: The Culprit Is Unregulated Capitalism, On Top Of Which Minuscule Taxation Does Not Come Close To "Paying Big Business's 'Fair Share'"























Robert Kennedy Jr. Fingers The Red-Meat Heart Of Unregulated Cowboy Capitalism: "80% of Republicans Are Democrats Who Just Don't Know What's Going On Because The Bad Guys Own The Bullhorn"


Robert Kennedy Jr.

In 1932, the predecessor organization, the CDC, took 299 black sharecroppers from the South who had syphilis. They offered them free healthcare, hot lunches, and free burial. They said you can only come to us for healthcare. These were men who were sharecroppers, and they had syphilis. They were never told they had syphilis.


Obama came in really wanting to change things, but he hit a wall of corporate money, oil and coal money: when he tried to pass the Cap and Trade system of pharmaceutical money, when he tried to pass the Obamacare - which, of course, then got watered down into a much less effective, much less economical, program. 

Karen, Robert Kennedy Jr. could not be clearer. He identifies the free sway of "corporate money" as America's Core Problem. And to the extent that he's right about mercury-containing vaccines being dangerous to the health of numerous individuals, the problem distills to corporate money and corporate greed. Like Kennedy, I'm all in favor of getting mercury out of vaccines. But Big Business will not budge from its ironclad determination to maximize profits. In the United States, we routinely put profit ahead of people. On the other hand, American "conservatives" think that corporate money needs to be cut loose from regulation so "the invisible hand of the marketplace" can work its magic. And, all the while, the poor are getting poorer while the rich get richer. Furthermore, since the 1970s, the American middle class has been gutted, while The 1% takes an ever larger slice of the pie. Most American plutocrats -- Trump among them -- have only contempt for those of us who didn't "made it" into the club. George Carlin hits the nail on the head:  



 






Robert Kennedy, Jr.
I'm very pro-vaccine. I get all six of my kids vaccinated. I believe vaccines save millions of lives, and people ought to be getting vaccinated.

A lot of life is about trying to turn bad experiences into something good. Usually if you work at it, you can figure out a way to do it. Even our worst misfortunes are gifts.

There are many, many people who have been through a lot worse things than I went through. I lost my dad when I was 14 and to violence.

I have the kind of life where I can take my kids on trips with me. I can involve them in my work. I've always avoided politics because I didn't want to make commitments that would take me away from raising these children.

I'm comfortable reading science and dissecting it and discerning the difference between junk science and real science.

Our landscapes connect us to our history; they are the source of our character as a people, as well as our health, our safety, and our prosperity. Natural resources enrich us economically, yes. But they also enrich us aesthetically and recreationally and culturally and spiritually.

There is abundant science out there that connects mercury exposure in vaccines to not only autism, but to ASD, to SIDS, to ADD, ADHD, language tics - which is like Tourette Syndrome - OCD, asthma, food allergies, and diabetes. Karen, again the cullprit is mercury, not vaccines themselves. And corporate greed - coupled with government policies that are lax on vaccine regulation are the villains.

PBS was not a left-wing ideology. I mean, Air America was, but PBS was not. But anybody who tells the truth is now branded and marginalized. The devolution of the American press began in 1986 when Ronald Reagan abolished the fairness doctrine.

Elimination Of "The Fairness Doctrine" And The Onset Of Degenerate, Chaotic Governance


I always saw pollution as theft, and I always thought, 'Why should somebody be able to pollute the air, which belongs to all of us, or destroy a river or a waterway, which is supposed to belong to the whole community?' Karen, yet again unregulated capitalism is the culprit. It's tempting to lay blame on individuals. But America's most refractory problems are systemic.

I think global warming is the gravest threat. With global warming, it's the product of a war between old energy - between the carbon cronies, who, by the way, could not stay in business in a true free market capitalism. Karen, in case you missed Kennedy's comment: "Global warming is the gravest threat."

Lots of countries, like Israel, live with terrorism every day, and it doesn't impact their integrity. The big threat to America is the way we react to terrorism by throwing away what everybody values about our country - a commitment to human rights. America is a great nation because we are a good nation.

Thimerosal is a mercury-based preservative that was in many American vaccines until 2003. It was removed from many of the pediatric vaccines, but it was put in the flu vaccine, which is now given to 53 million Americans. Karen, Kennedy's vaccine gripe is not about vaccines but about the optionally harmful way many of them are still manufactured.



When I was 7 years old, I announced that I was going to write a book about pollution. I didn't get around to it until I was 29, but I always recognized that pollution was a theft. That it was a way of stealing something from the public - the common earth. 

Democracy is about institutions: it's about having things like schools and judiciary and the Ford Foundation, or 'The Nation' magazine - you need progressive institutions, you know what I mean? Those are important institutions to make sure that the government functions.Share this Quote

Robert Kennedy, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment