Thursday, June 15, 2023

"Instant" Garden Gratification With Fast Growing Seeds (... And A Recipe To Die For)

 

Queridos,


10 Fast-Growing Plants for Instant Garden Gratification
Debi, I wonder if the kids would like to plant some of these fast-growing seeds.

I've never grown those big white oriental radishes but am reminded to do so.

Horseradish, by the way, is such a vigorous grower that it rivals Jerusalem Artichoke. My Dad had always had a patch of this perennial.

It does "beat out" weeds, but it's not very attractive. I suppose you can think of it as mutant Romaine lettuce.

image.png

Just a couple months ago at Jim and Debi's we were served the best white sauce (designed for steak)
 but GREAT with everything.
And simple dimple.
In fact, simple-dimpleísimo!
I think this sauce would probably be even better with fresh horseradish!
Here's the simple dimple recipe:
(I don't think the vinegar is necessary and don't think Debi used it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment